Monday, January 14, 2008

Sporty C

I've never actually owned a Volvo. Okay, I've never come close, but it's not because I don't enjoy them; the Germans just happen to make cars a little more skewed to my liking. In the cycles wherein I've bought a new car, I test drive a whole slew of vehicles just to make sure I'm still on the right track. At least one Volvo has been included in each cycle. The styling has always been controversial, but I loved the V70 the first time I saw it (the boxy one, before they rounded the edges). It remains the best looking Volvo I know. And then I walked out the door of my office the other day and saw the C30.



Kyality is right, there is something appealing about it. I haven't had a chance to drive one, so I don't know how it stacks up or if it will make the wish list. But the advantage I have leaving the office so late is that no one was around and as I circled the C, I peeked in the windows and passed some judgements. It's bigger than my MINI, which is of course no real feat. But the thing about it is, it's much bigger; the wheels are more aggressive to hide the taller stance. And it looks like I could fit some actual stuff back there, not just a couple of grocery bags. It also looked good from most angles. They got the separated-twin tailpipes right. The headlights and hood shape are balanced. I typically don't like to congratulate Ford by proxy, but if nothing else good comes out of further research, the C30 is sure fun to look at.

2 comments:

kyality said...

I dunno I kinda like this one better:

http://ebay.windingroad.com/newsuploads/2006/07/Volvo-P1800-ES-Rear-3-4.jpg

Justin said...

Very nice indeed.