Saturday, January 19, 2008

Brick advertising

I'm in the middle of looking for new digs for work. I'm looking for something open, light, and historical. Unfortunately, historic buildings are in short supply; they aren't making them anymore. So, I'm driving all over. In Acworth I found a building with a restored flour advertisement; the Coca Cola ad is painted over the top and just as authentic.





In historic downtown Cartersville I found an original Coca Cola ad with a plaque stating "The first painted wall sign to advertise Coca-Cola was placed on this wall for the Coca-Cola Company in 1894. The sign was restored in 1989. Coca-Cola is a trademark of the Coca-Cola Company." It's a good thing they noted the trademark; people may think someone else owns a one-hundred-year-old ad.

No comments: