Sunday, January 6, 2008

List of wishes

I had a conversation recently that centered around buying new cars. The others were leaning toward the optimum vehicle, and whatever that entails, while I was thinking that there really isn't a perfect vehicle for me. There are just too many great cars out there to live with just one or two over a ten-year period. Within reason, and if I had the means, I'm going to post a running list of what I'd love to lease (or buy) for 12 months.



1. Porsche Boxster S. From its inception, the Boxster has been a fantastic reincarnation of open tops from Porsche in years past. This is a beautifully balanced, amply powered, gorgeous sports car. It's not practical enough to live with it for years on end, but for a short year I would drive this like mad. National parks, parkways, and the occasional oceanside drive are entirely different experiences with the full wind blowing by. There are faster cars and there are more luxurious cars, but the Boxster is one that's unique, true to the Porsche heritage, and extremely satisfying to drive.

No comments: