Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tornado, shanado

Interpreting rain warnings for nothing more than just rain, I rode a short cycling event in mid-Georgia on Saturday. It was overcast, but without the wet stuff falling from the sky. Apparently Atlanta was reeling from a downtown tornado the night before and an additional row of tornado warnings were passing over my house. I did make it back to the house in time to witness the sirens, hail, and visibility-eliminating-torrential-rain. Fun, fun, fun.



I came across this wall in the middle of the ride and couldn't resist the temptation to photograph yet another historic Coke wall ad. Realize that this is out in the middle of nowhere. And then some. I rode a good 5-10 miles before and after this spot without seeing another 2-story building. Yup, this is the downtown center of a southern Georgia city.

No comments: