Monday, February 25, 2008

Travel and stay warm

The culmination of 9 days spent away from home was a very tired drive home from Atlanta's airport in the S. It was probably the most cathartic hour of the week. I wish I could drive backroads and wander for a living.

For a few days, we basked in ocean air and frolicked on the beach in southern ja-ja. Mock the accent all you want, February doesn't look like this in the Rockies (or in Manhattan, for that matter). It goes without saying that my boy won the race. I told him it was lucky because I'm trying to develop in him a good 'lucky' feeling.*



Without a break of any kind, and the result of packing a suitcase as quickly as it could be emptied, I was off to Phoenix to present the book heretofore mentioned and talk about membership databases. Trading my shorts and sandals for Prada shirts and a sport coat, I schmoozed, pontificated, and generally threw charisma around the room. Actually, I hope I didn't offend anyone. I take that back. There were a few people at the conference that needed to be offended; not every idea is a good one.



I should note that these pics were both snapped with the iPhone; the battery on the PowerShot timed its demise perfectly with this last-day outing. Those with sharp eyes will also recognize Camelback Mountain as seen from my hotel.

*Tip o' the hat to Mr. Handey.

No comments: