Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Maturity

The MINI turned over 32K miles this week. Never mind that it's only a year-and-a-half old, my S has ample stories to justify the miles. It has a few scars, too, but I think it has held up rather well.

In an obsessive yet never-ending search for the next greatest vehicle, I haven't come up against anything that is as perfect as the red go-kart sitting in my driveway. I've found the MINI has an incredible amount of soul; not just technology inspiring, the MINI is a cult-like lifestyle with fellow drivers that wave, parking spaces that open up, and twisty roads that straighten just for me. Short bursts of speed in superfast cars aside, I have never had so much fun in a car. Consistency without the boredom.



Kyle's MINI received new wheels and a new moniker. While in Utah, we discussed the tendency for MINI owners to photograph their cars. I was so inspired by the picture of MINIzilla in the snow that I snapped an homage. I didn't have any snow handy, so 65-degree air (mid-Feb, mind you) will have to suffice.

1 comment: