Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The long way home

I was picking through some MINI paraphernalia yesterday and pondering that the greatest asset of the S is how fun it is to drive on random roads. It's not nearly as fast or dart-like as the 330i was, but it outperforms when it comes to wandering into new territory. Add to the experience the Nuvi hanging from the windshield and everyday is an invitation to take the long way home. Just like the Book of Motoring advises.



So I set off on a route I hadn't taken before. I hit a few red lights and then got clear of the small downtowns. Just as I caught up to the group of cars ahead of me, they stopped. And waited. And then I heard the horn blast.



This isn't an encouraging story. But I take comfort in other nuggets of wisdom doled from the Book o' Motoring: it's possible to motor, even when sitting still.

No comments: