Tuesday, September 8, 2009

MB Demographics

This doesn't change my outlook on the world in any way, but I noticed that M-B is making assumptions about me. While perusing mbusa.com on my iPhone, the only option is to view stats and pictures of the E-Class. While I can appreciate that creating a mobile site just for the iPhone is tough and expensive for such a small company, I'm more curious why the E-Class is the car of choice for Apple-toting-yuppies. I mean, how did they know?



Then just now, while perusing the options on a GL550 (alas, not for me) I noted that "no additional packages are available" beyond the standard configuration.



I mean, hey, if I'm laying out the $82 grand for an SUV that doesn't belong within 50 feet of dirt, I'm going to want every option, right? So M-B anticipates this and puts it on there for me. It's like they've got all the world's fortune tellers locked up in their marketing department, just making one accurate predication after another about their target demographics. Or are they just guessing?

No comments: