Thursday, December 27, 2007

Best of '07

I typically don't create lists of my favorite things because I tend to be so biased about certain products that's a rather short, predictable one. However, I now have a blog that, like the dog, doesn't feed itself.

Best car of '07: No surprise, it's still the '06 Cooper S.
Specifically, it's Kyality's Cooper S which made the list by being purchased in '07.

Runner up: The '07 Cooper S.
If there's a car that would make me consider giving up my '06 S, it's this one. The jury is still out on the turbo lag, fake intake duct, larger speedo, and toggle switches on the roof, but that's not a long list compared to all the things done right. Like Kyality, the shape has grown on me and I prefer the redesigned tail. Pilfered from miniusa.com: the '07 in its natural habitat.



Best book of '07. Creature by Andrew Zukerman and designed by David Meredith.
I saw the design in March and placed an order months in advance. My copy finally arrived in November and it is fantastic. Whereas most books published this year tried to intimidate me into voting for certain politicians or consume less air, Creature lets me just sit, relax, and lose myself in deep, detailed pictures of animals with perspective that I've not had before.

Best holiday/new year design of '07. That'd be the one over at Canister.

Happy New Year.

No comments: